Who We Are
Established in 1995, Lindemann Healthcare has over 25 years experience caring for older people in Edinburgh. We deliver the highest quality care services to all our residents and believe that everyone deserves the right to this kind of care.
We also pride ourselves on providing a full spectrum of care tailored to individual needs within all our Scottish Care Homes.
In a nursing environment great attention is paid to activities of daily living. Each resident receives a careful assessment to identify what his or her individualised care should be. This allows care plans to be constructed to meet their specific needs.
Our dedicated team provide specialised care in a safe, homely atmosphere where the residents are cared for with dignity and respect. This allows each resident to feel comfortable, content and “at home”.
We offer every resident, and their loved ones, the opportunity to participate in their care to a level of involvement that they choose.
We believe that our Care Homes in Morningside, Colinton Village and Juniper Green, Edinburgh, should be therapeutic yet homelike environments where the resident can feel their individual needs are met with priority.
- 24 hour Nursing Care for older people.
- Person-centred care planning services.
- Palliative Care.
- Dementia Care.
- Key worker system & named nurse.
- Holistic Care.
- High quality furnished en-suite bedrooms equipped with Shower Wet rooms (exceeding national care standards) LCD televisions.
- Free WIFI services.*
- Purpose built kitchen facilities, fully compliant to Environmental Health and National Care Standards.
- Varied seasonal menus to promote nutrition and healthy living, special diets are also catered for.
- Open visiting
- Daily Activities Co-ordinator for Arts & Crafts and other organised activities.
- A choice of day rooms/lounge areas complete with Digital LCD TV and DVD player and library services.*
- In house laundry service.
- Hairdressing, chiropody, aromatherapy, physiotherapy, outings, optician and newspaper services can be arranged.
- Theme Days, birthday parties Christmas carol services and fireworks displays.
- Advocate and Bereavement service links.
- Regular Church services and the aim to cater for all religious beliefs.
- Strong community links with local suppliers and services.
- Company mini bus for excursions.
We are happy to support you in making the best care choices for your loved ones with viewing appointments arranged to suit.
Please see our list as a guideline and any asterisk as a feature that may not be available.
To All the Staff I wanted to drop you a note to say “Thank you”, sincerely for the care and support that you gave to my Mum, especially in her last months… When you provided her Care that was kind & compassionate, you made a step along that journey a little more bearable. When you offered her safety, security, support and a listening ear, you made a difference…. It was a tremendously difficult time looking for a suitable care home for Mum, but I am immensely grateful that I found Thorburn Manor…. Thank you doesn’t quite seem enough, but know that it is with the deepest sincerity.