Senior Care Assistant – Care Home Based
Pay Rate: Starting at £10.65/hour ( including positive attendance bonus subject to T’s & C’s)
Are you a kind-hearted and driven person with a passion for caring and supporting older people?
Are you motivated and good at using your initiative within a fast pace environment?
If so, then Lindemann Healthcare is for you.
In return, you get excellent support, quality training and fantastic employee benefits from a well run family business based in Edinburgh.
- We believe that individuality should be the main basis of the care given within our Care Homes. Our dedicated team aim to provide specialised care in a safe homely atmosphere where the residents are cared for with dignity and respect. This allows each resident to function at their optimum level where they can feel contented and at home. We believe that our Care Homes should be therapeutic yet homelike environments where the resident can feel their individual needs are met with priority.
Roles & Responsibilities
Conduct, assess and document care plans and risk assessments related to the assessed needs and choices of individual residents.
Ensure and maintain a satisfactory standard of care, in line with our resident’s charter and philosophy of care.
Providing individualised support to meet the daily care needs of each resident.
Attends to the comfort and personal appearance and hygiene of residents at all times including dressing and undressing, toileting, bathing, combing hair, assisting with dentures and hearing aids.
Support each resident to remain as active and independent as possible while still ensuring their care requirements are met.
Report to Care Home Manager and in their absence to Deputy Care Home Manager on matters relating to resident’s care.
Supervise care and domestic staff, giving advice and guidance, as required
Communicate with staff, residents, relatives, visitors, and other professionals in order to ensure a coordinated approach to resident’s care.
Observe Home procedures for the safe handling, administration and storage of medical products. the post holder is required to take responsibility as the prime care provider for one, or a group of residents in the Home.
Participate in and contribute to In-Service training and orientation programmes.
Assist Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager in the continual appraisal of staff, giving advice and guidance as required, maintaining a regular appraisal system and encouraging career development.
Stand in for Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager as required following appropriate orientation.
- Great hourly rate starting at £10.65/hour* (depending on qualifications and attendance bonus)
- Up to 38.5 hours per week
- Holiday Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- Pension scheme
- Bonus schemes open to all staff (subject to terms and conditions)
- Training and development and long term career progression
- Free parking
- Positive working environment
includes attendance and performance bonus subject to T&C.