Care Assistant – Care Home Based
Pay Rate: Starting at £9.90/hour ( including positive attendance bonus subject to T’s & C’s)
Are you a kind-hearted and driven person with a passion for caring and supporting older people?
Are you motivated and good at using your initiative within a fast pace environment?
If so, then Lindemann Healthcare is for you.
In return, you get excellent support, quality training and fantastic employee benefits from a well run family business based in Edinburgh.
- We believe that individuality should be the main basis of the care given within our Care Homes. Our dedicated team aim to provide specialised care in a safe homely atmosphere where the residents are cared for with dignity and respect. This allows each resident to function at their optimum level where they can feel contented and at home. We believe that our Care Homes should be therapeutic yet homelike environments where the resident can feel their individual needs are met with priority.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Providing individualised support to meet the daily care needs of residents
- Attends to the comfort and personal appearance and hygiene of residents at all times including dressing and undressing, toileting, bathing, combing hair, assisting with dentures and hearing aids.
- Support each resident to remain as active and independent as possible while still ensuring their care requirements are met.
- Have positive and effective communications with residents, relatives and colleagues.
- Respect the residents; right to choose, privacy and dignity and be sensitive to each person needs as an individual.
- Makes beds and changes bed linen.
- Escorts residents to shops or approved excursions.
- Any other reasonable task requested by a supervisor or manager which is within your competence.
- Other duties linked to care of the residents as required by the Care Home Manager.
- Great hourly rate starting at £9.90/hour* (depending on qualifications and attendance bonus)
- Up to 38.5 hours per week
- Holiday Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- Pension scheme
- Bonus schemes open to all staff (subject to terms and conditions)
- Training and development and long term career progression
- Free parking
- Positive working environment
includes attendance and performance bonus subject to T&C.