Charge Nurse on Nights
Pay Rate: Starting at £18.15/hour ( including positive attendance bonus subject to T’s & C’s)
Are you a kind-hearted and driven person with a passion for caring and supporting older people?
Are you motivated and good at using your initiative within a fast pace environment?
If so, then Lindemann Healthcare is for you.
In return, you get excellent support, quality training and fantastic employee benefits from a well run family business based in Edinburgh.
- We believe that individuality should be the main basis of the care given within our Care Homes. Our dedicated team aim to provide specialised care in a safe homely atmosphere where the residents are cared for with dignity and respect. This allows each resident to function at their optimum level where they can feel contented and at home. We believe that our Care Homes should be therapeutic yet homelike environments where the resident can feel their individual needs are met with priority.
Roles & Responsibilities
Ensure and maintain a satisfactory standard of care, in line with our residents charter and philosophy of care.
Conduct, assess and document care plans and risk assessments related to the assessed needs and choices of individual residents.
Supervise care and domestic staff, giving advice and guidance, as required .
Report to Care Home Manager and in their absence to Deputy Care Home Manager on matters relating to residents care .
Communicate with staff, residents, relatives, visitors, and other professionals in order to ensure a coordinated approach to residents care .
Observe Home procedures for the safe handling, administration and storage of medical products . the post holder is required to take responsibility as the prime care provider for one, or a group of residents in the Home
Be aware of the need for personal development and continuing education.
Participate in and contribute to In-Service training and orientation programmes.
Assist with the planning of staff on duty rotas and annual leave to maintain a stable team.
Assist Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager in the continual appraisal of staff, giving advice and guidance as required, maintaining a regular appraisal system and encourage career development.
Advise Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager of any significant changes or incidents within the Home.
Stand in for Care Home Manager/Deputy Care Home Manager as required following appropriate orientation
Minimum 3 years experience required.
33 hours per week.
- Great hourly rate starting at £18.15/hour* (depending on qualifications and attendance bonus)
- Up to 33 hours per week
- Holiday Pay
- Refer a friend scheme
- Pension scheme
- Bonus schemes open to all staff (subject to terms and conditions)
- Training and development and long term career progression
- Free parking
- Positive working environment
includes attendance and performance bonus subject to T&C.