Domestic Assistant – 4 or 5 days per week
JOB TITLE: DOMESTIC ASSISTANT
REPORT TO: CARE HOME MANAGER
As an essential part of the Care Home team, Domestic Assistants are responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness to ensure a safe, hygienic and pleasant environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- General cleaning of Care Home to support the resident including cleaning resident’s bedroom and bathroom
- Cleaning of all public areas such as staff rooms, stairs, lifts etc.
- Cleaning of office accommodation.
- Reporting any faults/repairs of fabric and/or fittings to Care Home Manager or her deputy.
- Participate in utilising correct resources as effectively as possible.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be courteous and polite at all times and develop good relations with residents, relatives and visitors both inside and outside the Home.
- Be aware of and comply with relevant health and safety and fire procedures.
- Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested in order to maintain the smooth running of the Home.
A Job Description is not an inflexible document but acts to provide guidelines to the duties expected while in post.
|· No qualifications or experience necessary as full training will be provided.||· Experience in a care home setting.|
Skills and Abilities
· Understanding of health and safety within the post.
· Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
· Good interpersonal skills to build and maintain working relationships and work as part of a team
|Values and Attitudes||· A positive, practical attitude.
· Able to accept responsibility and show initiative.
· Confident and enthusiastic, flexible and adaptable.
· Attention to detail.
· Reliable and good timekeeper.
· Commitment to confidentiality.
· Respect for others and a commitment to equal opportunities.